View Single Post
      07-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #11
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Yup on the need to find someone to monitor that tender. It will not burn anything up as much as having someone say..."hey Chuck, whats this extension cord doing out of supply and running into this bay for--I told you guys not to do that." AND Chuck runs in to unplug the thing. Thats my worry.

Jack stands...great idea suggested, if they will allow you to do that. Be aware tho, not everyone knows HOW to jack it back up to get those things out of there and car back on the ground. YOU doing it before you ship out is one thing--having ol' Chuck do it a year from now, may be another thing. AND my guess it won't be the Chuck you talked to...but someone who will not know where to put the jack and what points can take the load to get it up and off those stands. Be cautious on this item...great idea, if you can make sure they know HOW and WHERE to jack this great car up. For example most guys would put the rear jack point center on the diff, and that is a no-no. Jacking the rear is just aft of the diff on the brace bar joining point. Just educmacate [zkeeper's Dictionary] SOMEone so they know. I know the pain my friend, I know the pain. China looms out there for me yet. Bests on your planning...
Appreciate 0