View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
As a German I was attracted by the title to hop in here for a look. What brought you up to use this instead of your mother tongue?
Does the english language have an expression that captures this concept in one word? (apart for schadenfreude probably being an official loanword)

In dutch we have a similar word which would literally translate to "Trauerunterhaltung" (or even Trauerfreude) I think into german, so very similar.
Most dutchies will understand "Schadenfreude" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
It was the Simpsons
Luckily Lisa also gives it's social level of acceptance
(although it looks like it sits deep in our evolution, one could argue that one who doesn't experience it, isn't really human anymore)
The only form of Schadenfreude that I can't stand, is the one that comes from envy. (and of course ones that come from people that get seriously hurt when it's not really their fault)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-18-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
GenXer1363.00