Thread: Schadenfreude
View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Years ago Wifey and I were going to a family function in NH. We drove across NY state and into VT and were heading up Rte 9 out of Bennington after having lunch there. I had my 2001 740iL at the time. As we began to hit the twisty sections, we came up behind a woman driving a Plymouth K car. She was moving along fine and I kept my distance behind her. Then she slowed way down to about half the posted speed limit and started giving me the finger in her rearview mirror. Wifey and I were like, WTF? I figure she had a thing about BMW drivers or something. Then she started in with the brake jobs. The few places where I had room to pass, she'd speed up and cut over to keep me behind her. It was like that Dennis Weaver movie Duel. I think he was in a K car as well, come to think of it.

Anyway, eventually we hit an area where I could take advantage of the power differential in our cars and I zipped by her. But she wouldn't let it go. She tailgated me and then forced her way by in a situation where we were going to collide if I didn't back off. Finally we got into the serious hills and the road opened up to two lanes. I zipped past her and kept going, putting some distance between us. A bit later she managed to catch up in another two lane area and flew by me honking the horn and giving me the finger. Right then my radar detector lit up and I saw an unmarked cruiser go by in the opposite direction. I backed way off when it lit up, but she didn't. She was doing a good 20MPH over the limit when the cop went by. He pulled a u-turn and came flying up behind me, but went right by and around the bend chasing after her. After a few more turns, I saw her pulled over with the cop pulled up behind her. As we went past, he didn't even glance at me. But I know she saw me smiling and waving as I went by.

I figure she *really* hated BMW drivers after that.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 05-21-2020 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 10
MKSixer34184.50
GenXer1363.00
Dpc2u11503.00
Murf99314114.00
Rmtt8211.00
KRS_SN13515.00
Germanauto9702.50
RickFLM410971.00