is a Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i - 6MT SOLD

Thanks gents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
is this knob heavier than the zhp?
From memory (which is subject with me) it seems notably heavier. Recently taking the BMW performance knob off (the metal one with Alcantara) it compares decent in weight to that one I think. Was really wising I had some decent scale to weight it for yall. With the boot removed, I might try to weight it at work if I remember and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
I did the perf ebrake handle last year. Feels really nice, and subtle - so subtle I actually forgot I did it ha.

The shift knob looks good, I'd actually prefer something slightly taller than my ZHP but shorter than stock. Do you know how this one compares?
I'd put it as about the same height as the ZHP knob, might be a hair shorter due to it being a flat top versus the rounded ZHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Awesome job and the new knob looks great I'm sure it feels great as well. Glad to see that there's an additional alternative.

One question: Separating the knob from the boot, can the process be reverse (re-attaching them) if needed?
I don't think it'd be easily done. The front metal clip could attach back easy, but I'm fairly certain I cut (or snapped, rather) the white tabs that held them together in the back. Let me dig it out and see what I can determine.

Appreciate 0