View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
I tried searching and other than a few sparse comments about people buying these because they are better, I have not found out why. Can someone comment on what advantage, if any, the ZCP control arms have over standard ones? Going to be buying new ones for the ball joints and ZCP is only ~$40 more per side, so if there is a real advantage, why not.
ZCP arms are afaik the same as the z4m control arms? They have the same partnumbers if I look them up.

On the german Z forum there has been a fairly extensive study between the z4m arms and normal arms (like from the 3.0i) and as far as measurements go, there aren't any.
Speculated is that the ball joints on the z4m arm are stronger (they may have a different plastic liner inbetween), but they don't handle differently. They just may last longer.
As the z4m has both more caster and a slightly wider stance due to different wheel/flange offset (so larger scrub radius I presume), the forces on the control arms are higher too.
That would be a reason to beef up the balljoints.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-07-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
Reborn_295.00
Finnegan701.00