View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #21
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

The only thing I can't get past on the DIN opening in the dash where the factory radio is, is the fact that a flip-out blocks the vents. And that's a no-go for me. Having something up in the dash would be PERFECT where the factory NAV is. And having a fixed screen versus a flip out in my mind is the way to go. For me as long as the screen is relatively the same height as the cluster, I think it should be good to go. That setup at the top looks tall but not sure unless I was sitting in the car how I'd feel about it.

The real value here would be a a DIY project that can pull this off with a concise list of materials, a step by step for fabrication (if necessary), assembly and installation (heavy on pictures). Something like say a Samsung tablet bolted up to a base frame that fits into the NAV hole on the dash, a detailed wiring diagram, and then a to-do list for the Samsung tablet to make it output an audio signal into something that then has RCA outputs to a sound processor (cross-overs, eqs, etc) or amps..... or something to get back into the factory audio lines to the amplifiers............ I'd likely want the screen sunk into the dash hole a bit and not like that AVIN the way it's completely on the top of the dash.......... just thinking out loud and not attaching any sort of sanity here to this !!!

AVIN is on sale now for a base price of $410 USD

Last edited by tominizer; 01-23-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0