View Single Post
      07-22-2021, 11:37 PM   #6
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Gotcha! Well Hockenheim used to be a basically flat out track that was unlike anything on the calendar except maybe for Monza. Here’s an OG track layout with Schuey and the glorious V10! When you see the first red Firestone sign, that’s where the drivers turn right now and go along a much shorter route. The old sections of the track are gone and the forest has reclaimed it. I miss these days so much!!

I’ve played that track on Forza or Gran Turismo way back in the day. It’d be cool to watch the drivers flat spotting their tires and the late brakers at this track, especially with DRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
In 2006 at the Canadian GP we were able to hear the V10s run past us at what was probably 12-15krpm. We went down early to watch practice Friday after getting through an insane Thursday night. We were walking 10ft away the track and didn’t really hear it until it was about to pass because of the fucking pitch. The Ferraris tone was so distinctive back then. Just hearing that fucking kind of frequency range over a couple seconds was most tranquil adrenaline rush in the wurld. No explanation could detail that sound at such a high rpm.
I tried to get a Sat-Sunday ticket for COTA recently but they’re all sold out, maybe they have crowd restrictions for COVID? I know they often break out the old cars when the F1 or junior teams aren’t on track. I was hoping to experience a 20k rpm V10 scream by for the first time. Hopefully this pandemic passes and I can go to COTA or the Canadian Gran Prix next year.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17469.00
clutchdj1875.50