View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 07:44 AM   #24
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
actually for knight part its in old times for sure but the whole point of Sir that understandably turned into something metaphoric.. a warriror.. otherwise at least i havent seen any knight on the street killing enemies..

first of all i kindly ask a minor tweak of F1 drivers perception of not being pro athletes Murf.. cause their physical state is better than a lot of athletes in olympics for example they have stamina and guts to the same thing in a car and losing 3-5L of water during 2 hours race.. and its not because they re in sauna and just "chillin" as you know.. and after races they re still running around, dealing with press etc.. its not for every human being.. after a season break even they need more driving to deal with it again..

for Lewis.. he was and actually still only black racing driver imagine its like that from your early childhood.. he is fighting for environmental changes in sports and its working, less carbon and zero carbon is not far away from motorsports, he is fighting for women rights and pushing people to bring in more women into motorsports.. he is influencing in a positive way millions only by his IG account.. having less political communication "frequency" with people around him..

all this makes sense to me at least on some level and im sure Brit friends over here can draw a better picture..
So let me clarify my position. I agree that F1 Drivers and for that matter most drivers have a level of fitness that would qualify them as athletes, same for dancers etc. My remarks about athletes and entertainers stands as I was referring to Hamilton's preaching about environmental issues and veganism, I still don't care nor want to hear what he has to say. I don't doubt that being the only black guy in a sport has been an unbelievable challenge and his position on that doesn't bother me. I stand by my remarks that he seems young to receive this honour, and frankly the whole "knighthood" thing has lost its original meaning for me anyway. Happy New Year fellow car enthusiasts.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60016.50
MKSixer34184.50
HFW0035684.50
yco5734.50