Bammered
Track Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 ///M COUPE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Thanks, I have been slacking creating the blog because there has been a lot to do. But a quick rundown of what I have done so far and will be doing:

• Interior is completely stripped out, all that's left is the dash and carpet, literally.
  • Bottom of the car is also very stripped, all shrouding, exhaust, driveshaft and transmission are out. All that is left is the engine and sub frame which should be coming out soon (at which point the car will have very little left other then the frame and be washed head to toe)
  • both bumpers are off

Things on the list to do:
  • HPF stage 3 system
  • Stoptech 6 piston BBK
  • TCkline DA coilovers
  • Upgraded zionsville radiator
  • CSL front bumper/rear trunk (ducktail)/rear diffuser
  • Alcantara headliner/rear deck/pillars as well as the center console (by a local interior guy)
  • CF leather coverings on trim pieces (by a local interior guy)
  • Upgraded drop in audio from BSW (not the type to do a custom setup, it's a good sized upgrade that straight plug and play against OEM)
  • Rear sub frame reinforcement
  • New bushings for rear trailing arms, front control arms and the subframe
  • Relocate DSC module to post 2002 location (run new brake hardlines)
  • Clean everything THOROUGHLY, I'm talking every piece of suspension/liner/underbody ETC until it SHINES. Also scrub off rust from any components and give them a coat of protective paint.
  • Replace all worn components (engine mounts/coolant hoses ETC)
  • Upgrade some of the OEM clamps
  • Once the car is complete/broken in I'll need to fabricate some exhaust parts as it will have a wastegate open to atmosphere (loud) I'll re route it back into the exhaust to quiet it (using v band flanges so if I ever decide I can let it back out to atmosphere O_O ) and if it's still too loud I'll need to muffle it.

Sounds like quite the project, take lots of pics! Interior sounds like it will turn out real clean...
Appreciate 0