06-01-2023, 02:59 PM   #48
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthused View Post
I had an interesting experience with these guys- met them randomly when I was out driving my G80 on Little Tujunga Canyon Road (near Los Angeles for non-locals) one Sunday a few months ago.

I saw one of the new Ferrari 296 GTBs pulled over in one of the turnouts, and I pulled over to look at/drool over it. Surprise, it was them doing a review of the car and shooting that day. Once I realized it was them- I said something to the effect of 'Hey- you're the Throttle House guys!' and said I appreciated their videos and work.

We chatted for about 10-15 minutes and they were extremely friendly and gracious, taking time out of their work day to just have a random conversation with a stranger about cars and take a couple of selfies with me and my M3, including their camera guy in the conversation as well.

While I share your opinion that their comedy is a bit forced, they seem to be genuinely good guys and authentic about their extreme interest in things automotive...
Yeah I agree. I think these guys were teachers or something before starting Youtube. Just a couple regular dudes with a passion for cars. On a side note I've yet to drive Little Tujunga, always end up out in Malibu for some reason.

I had met the Vehicle virgins guys once when that channel was still a thing. Both, including Parker, were actually pretty down to earth and easy to talk to.
Appreciate 0