View Single Post
      11-30-2022, 02:32 AM   #7
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

The SBSL and SBSR error codes are set if you disconnect the connectors under the front drivers and passenger seats if I remember correctly.

I would disconnect each one in turn… inspect/clean with spray electrical cleaner. Check for corrosion/bent pins etc.

Reconnect and clear error codes with your software.

If they clear… you are good to go. If they don't… using ISTAD… you can dig down further in the software. ISTAD should propose likely causes/test procedure if appropriate to fix the issue.

The SBSR code also references the battery terminal open circuit as a likely cause. It is likely caused by issues with the connector that I sent the picture of. I would disconnect/clean also with electrical contact cleaner.

The code I got with that connector issue was high resistance… which is not the same as open circuit…. but I believe that your code is also related to that connector and the wire from it to the BST on the battery cable connection to the battery. So check the connector connection and wire to BST.

If you can get a copy of ISTAD … it's much better for diagnostics….vice INPA. INPA can do the same but the upgraded software is better/easier for diagnostics.