mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Hey Matt,

Are you using the Supersprint v1 Stepped Headers with the Supersprint Stepped No Cats Section 1?

I am contemplating the same, though I will likely use the Supersprint stepped hi-flow cats section 1.

For the time being, I will likely connect that to the stock X-Pipe and Mufflers (maybe replace those later as budget permits).

Can't wait to see this car at The Ridge in person! Just had my Z4MR out there and got down to a 2 minute flat lap time - such a hoot and an amazing track!

Cheers,
Eamonn
2:00:xx! Very nice. 2:02:xx is my PB at the Ridge, but I think I'll be able to neatly destroy that time when this bloody thing finally makes it back there. It is an absolute hoot, I agree.

Yes, I'm using the V1 stepped / V1 section 1 pipes. I took off a set of SuperSprint straight-through non-stepped (i.e. OEM compatible) section 1 pipes when I installed these units - since you're ~local, if they're in any way useful to you I'll cut you a great deal on them.

FWIW I would hesitate to put the stepped headers / section 1 pipes in front of stock x-pipe / mufflers. The S54 is extremely sensitive to exhaust flow and you just won't get the power gains from those (ungodly expensive) headers if the system can't breathe past the section 1 pipes.

Do you already have a tune of some kind?
Appreciate 0