Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
The simple answer to price is "way too much". The Hamann bumper itself cannot be found for under 1700. That is unpainted. I also had my paint place eliminate the lights and the headlight washer holes, which was a lot of fiberglass labor. The total price is north of 3k with the added fiberglass work. If you want to keep the added lights and headlight washers it is dramatically cheaper. I think the lights that come with the bumper make it too busy and are totally unnecessary... so removing them was a must for me. This is a lot of money for a bumper lid and I might have not done it if I knew how much it was gonna cost when I started but I'm rarely rational when it comes to my car. =)

I will eventually connect the holes in the bumper to the brake vents. As the car sits right now it is stripped of plastic under panels and brake vents because the shop is still trying to get the color right. They do really good work and great paint matching but this fiberglass cover has proved to be difficult for them to paint match.
$1700 is not that much considering I paid $1900 for my Mugen CF front unpainted about 10 years ago. Painted to match was another $500. So in reality in 2012 $1700 is pretty cheap for this brand. It also makes the Z4 more modern to me. I like it!

Looks great IMO!
Appreciate 0