View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #8
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
If you don't want to do any more power mods then just do a muffler delete and leave it as that. When you touch anything else it will drone like crazy. Once you remove the cats in section 1 or do headers it becomes loud! I'm in a roadster so the sound is even louder but you don't want your interior to be rattling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Most folks running completely catless (header + section 1) revert back to stock mufflers or a set of resonators to dial down the volume.

The trailing throttle burbles will come with the header. Do keep in mind local track sound regulations if you plan to use the car regularly.

Understood, thank you for the info. I can handle a little drone as my other car is an F80 with a remus catback that i drive with valves fully open 80% of the time. I'm also fairly young at 25 so that helps.

I definitely like loud. Half the reason I got a roadster is so I can row gears and listen to the exhaust scream with the top down. I realllly love that throaty sound the headers give and am thinking there might not be any other way to achieve it. However I don't want to have to put a cat on every time inspection comes around is there a common solution? a specific cat(thats guaranteed to pass) that everyone uses on section 1 after relocating the O2 sensors? But maybe that'll will tone down the mean throaty sound im going for. I've read about so many different setups im starting to get confused lol

In the meantime I'm taking the mufflers off tonight to see how it sounds and hoping theres less ricey rasp then the youtube vids make it seem like there is
Appreciate 0