View Single Post
      08-13-2020, 12:03 AM   #225
Angelito
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E86 Z4MC, 05 E46 330i

Here are the pics for the Gray ones, looking OEM+, pretty pleased with results (except I forgot to place backing tape over Coupe logo and also need to adjust Tach needle a bit lower). Disregard the yellow cast light on the night pic, that's my garage light.

I also switched the bright silver Speedo & Tach surrounds with a pair of charcoal gray ones I got from a wrecked Z4 cluster.

As far as the installation, I can tell you that the single screw holding the cluster in the car is a T20 Torx bit and that it is a pain in the rear to take off. Also, you may want to tackle cleaning the cluster pieces before your replace the speedo/tach faces, this will allow time for these to dry while you work on placing and testing the cluster. Lastly, it can be frustrating to take out the cluster, take a mental note when you take it out. Re-connecting and testing is easier because the large surrounds are not yet in place. One final note, I did not disconnect my battery cable either. Thanks to all who chimed in and shared their installation woes, definitely made life easier when following Cyclops' DIY video.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angelito; 08-13-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
Cyclops1473.00
deemo3191756.00