Thread: ~ Dyno Daze ~
View Single Post
      01-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Oh yeah last time when I went to get my DynaPack done, Su @ AGP was holding a bimmer dyno day for Aleks and friends from M3post. I met some of the guys there =P
A lot of them had SMG's which posed some problems on the dyno, because it would refuse to upshift sometimes lol
I would love to join in on more cheap dyno days. Please keep me posted if there are any!

edit: I still don't have any closure on whether or not DynaPack reads higher than DynoJet...so far real-world experience tells me the aforementioned is true. However, that video I recently posted defies that assumption.
Every car we have seen with our products "software / superchargers" dyno tested on a DynaPack always makes more power then when tested on a dynojet.

Here is an example of a NA tuned E9X M3 with the same mods and same fuel tested on a dynojet and a Dynapack. This is the same car used in both dyno tests.

Dynojet 366 whp

Dynapack 389 whp

As far as your dyno charts you seem to have some odd dips in your power above 6k RPM. These might be caused by the lack of air but your ambient temp during testing was 59 deg which should be plenty cool enough for the ECU to run proper timing. To be sure you might want to have them test again with proper fans.

This is how a typical curve should look on a stock and tuned S54 motor. This is a bone stock car before and after our software on 91 octane SAE corrected.

Appreciate 0