View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0

Since this is my daily driver and I live in an area with snow I decided to use the stock wheels for my winter setup and purchased winter tires for those. I bought a set of Kosei K1's for my summer set up. In my experience with racing stuff I know how big of a difference weight reduction can make. This wheel set up is saving me 47lbs of rotational mass, which is MASSive.

The winter setup (Falken Eurowinter's) was pretty solid, however the traction control system is terrible in the snow. The car is almost immobile one certain situations. If you have to stop and start on a hill in the snow the traction control wouldn't even let me move in some situations. I discovered that I was better off turning it off completely and letting the winter tires do their job. That said, running without any of that really highlights the lack of an LSD... more on that coming soon...

Also: the stock wheels were a bit curbed, so I decided to paint them black. The trunk lid also had a small dent right on the top corner where it reaches the back... that's one of my favorite parts of the car's design so I was not happy about that. I decided to take a chance on this ebay carbon fiber lip spoiler. It took forever to get here but the quality is pretty solid. It hides the dent, and Is still subtle enough for me.
Attached Images