07-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #26
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Yes, 27mm up front.

I'm confused - I took a look at my setup, there is over 6" gap between the end link of the sway bar and the caliper. Even turning the steering wheel 3/4 (more than I ever turn at the track), I still see a large gap. How would it be possible for the sway bar to contact the caliper?

Keep in mind I do have Z4 3.0si, not the M. I'm not sure about the length of sway bars between models.

Enlighten me since I'm running out of options!
How it was explained to me was it would not be immediately evident when I had the car in the air, as the positioning of the sway/caliper unloaded isn't the same as loaded.

Really simple to test if there is interference, and how my indy showed me the issue. Go to an empty lot and make sure you have full brake pedal before starting. Take foot off brake and crank the wheel one way full lock and drive a small circle. Return to center and then check the brakes. If the brakes go low, something interfered with the caliper, and if so the likely culprit is sway bar.

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0