Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
That's exactly what happened to me. I went to my mechanic, a 15-year BMW Master Mechanic with his own shop. He also just happens to race Porsche's and BMWs so he knows his stuff.

He diagnosed my issue as a failed A/C Compressor within minutes and a repair estimate of $1,300. He's a straight forward serious guy so I trusted his opinion.

Put it off as long as I could and had another local shop do it but I decided to do the A/C Compressor, A/C Drier and A/C Expansion Valve.

The summer heat and humidity in Florida is intolerable so I had to get it done and parts and labor were $1,155.

Good luck.
Yeah the Texas heat isn't much better, although I don't think I will actually pull apart the dashboard and do the expansion valve also. I guess it depends on how the compressor and drier go
I wanted to replace the main parts of the A/C system instead of having one of those two $30 parts fail and then have to pay for the labor again.

So I had them installed and moved on to consider the parts I want for a full suspension refresh.
Appreciate 0