View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
ryanchua
Z4MC Sapphire Black
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 570-4SL

@mendrax - In all honesty, don't expect to get a lot of power gains just from a muffler change WITHOUT tune. I also haven't touched anything from my mufflers upwards, hence the flow is not as optimized as someone who's worked in a larger midpipe, resonater delete and race cats. Hence, there is a still alot of restrictions up pipe. Please take all of these into consideration.

Alot of folks have lost power from cold air intake modifications, but they do it because of price and accessibility. I've been through that road before.

Again, I'm happy to know that:

1. The KKS exhaust has better flow than stock and has a very slight hp increase just on the mufflers alone.
2. HP will definitely increase if i do the following exhaust mods to free up even more flow + road tune (as above).
3. I did this test (because im the first one to install it and dyno it with real numbers - to the best of my knowledge)
4. I still think the exhaust is a very worthwhile purchase (largely due to the option for sound/free flow capability)

The guesswork is really to find out whether the flow is even more restrictive or free-flow especially when complicated valve systems are in place.

And yes, you'll definitely love to hear the sound once i get the video up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendrax View Post
This is great !

Really not working for KKS ? !!!

BMW.SG - Singapore's Ultimate BMW Enthusiast Community

Last edited by ryanchua; 07-11-2009 at 03:38 AM..
Appreciate 0