01-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #64
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
Well said and I can see where you are coming from. Some families/cultures are different. You are absolutely correct. We should take that into account as I made a blanket statement for all kids at that age. I apologize for that but at the same time todays parents...I am speaking now of guys/gals born in the 1970s and even late 1960s seem to have become soft. But I can see giving your kid something better if you can afford it but to me they should somehow earn it if they really want it. Good grades are a good one, having a job, being a stellar kid and just being an overall good person in society. No bums, drunks, druggies, etc..
Yeah, I'm sure 99% of people can see eye to eye with this.

I also agree that there are a lot of parents out there that have become "soft." I am solely speaking about those that give their kids things that aren't deserving i.e. in my culture there are tons of 18 year old kids driving Ferrari, Lamborghini, 911, GT-R, and you know that kid doesn't deserve it more than half the time. You can bet your ass I'll hate on those kids, because deep down inside they know they don't deserve it, but they know they're entitled to it, because of their parents position.