Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e for effort View Post
I'm from a middle class household and I have to say that although I've had a lot of help from my parents financially, I never took it for granted. I honestly wouldn't buy my first child a nice car either, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make them slave over a shitty job to only end up getting a Geo Metro when they know dad has the means of buying something nicer and SAFER. Unless your kid is a complete let down and can't meet any of your expectations as a child, then I would concur that they only deserve what they have thus showed for. Good grades, respect, loving, helpful, regard for human life, and understanding the world around them. The things I just listed are a few to name that I would reward my child for accomplishing.

EDIT:

This could also be a cultural thing.

Well said and I can see where you are coming from. Some families/cultures are different. You are absolutely correct. We should take that into account as I made a blanket statement for all kids at that age. I apologize for that but at the same time todays parents...I am speaking now of guys/gals born in the 1970s and even late 1960s seem to have become soft. But I can see giving your kid something better if you can afford it but to me they should somehow earn it if they really want it. Good grades are a good one, having a job, being a stellar kid and just being an overall good person in society. No bums, drunks, druggies, etc..

Last edited by Endless619; 01-24-2012 at 12:40 AM..
Appreciate 0