View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 02:24 PM   #27
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
The lawyers will keep it at a snails pace too. Thousands are injured and/or killed on the roads each day with human drivers - but unless your company is 100% with a self drive - then the lawyers will own you.

I remember last year when the Uber self drive hit someone and they took them offline immediately. Having a coffee shop conversation about it the next day I was surprised how even local people whom I have known for years to be reasonable people were reacting to it. The fact that people are killed each day on the roads did not bother them in the least, but a self driving car was a murder machine when it killed someone who stepped out in front of it.

One woman was stating that she would NEVER get in one. I said "because it killed someone?" and she said "yes".

I then asked her if she had ever flown in a plane....which I knew she did a lot. I could actually see the light bulb going on that she had just stepped into my bear trap. Great lady and I love her to death, but those are the kind of attitudes that grind progress to a halt. If people kill 1,000 driving and cars kill 100 - that is still too many. Classic.