View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #3564
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
I own several Glocks and I understand how the safeties work. I understand that a Glock will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. I was simply making the point that the Glock trigger safety is unconventional in that there is no trigger lock out that prevents the gun from firing even if the trigger IS pulled. For this reason, I look at Glocks differently. Terrible weapon for pocket carry or purse carry because something could inadvertently get inside the trigger guard and discharge the weapon. I love Glocks, and I think they are safe when carried holstered and used by someone with some training.

For those making pronouncements on what is the only “right” way to carry. Yeah whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Exactly what are you talking about here a "safety". I have never heard of the term "trigger lockout"

Terrible weapon for pocket carry or purse carry because something could inadvertently get inside the trigger guard and discharge the weapon.

I will say again...anytime you touch a firearm, holster, unholster it and use it...your mind must be 100% on THE Firearm .If you are careless enough to get something against the trigger (besides your finger), you (not you personally) are not competent enough to use any firearm without supervision-period.
Yeah....but....you are not a true American if you don't give the pistol a good spin before holstering or immediately after unholstering. I'd like to see how many Glocks go off with a good spin.
Appreciate 1