fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
I conceal carry unchambered so the issue doesn't matter.

I understand every gun loving person may have a chambered round and thinks it will save them a few seconds.

I just subscribe to the notion that the simple fact of having a gun on my hip will save me as opposed to having my gun X miles away or hours at home when I am at the mall, movies, or Walmart as recent events have shown.

Like I get that having a chambered round wills save me X seconds, but I prefer the 100% safety buffer of not having a chambered round.

I have the skill/training that I feel I would draw/chamber a round faster than any person infringing on my safety and my life.
Different scenarios. I'm talking about the guns I keep in my house. I don't want to give away my position by having to chamber a round if a guy has forced entry into my house. Carrying is different. I have nothing against carrying a 1911 cocked and locked. But I also don't have any quarrel with your practice of carrying unchambered. To some extent it depends on the gun. I would carry a Glock unchambered because it basically has no safety.
Glocks actually have 3 safeties. Drop, trigger and firing pin safety.

If you carry unchambered, then you may either need more training, a new holster with better retention, or both.