View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Stressing Metallic Sound When Turning

So...came back from the 'Ring a few weeks ago and the next morning on my way to work that when I turned the wheel *at all* to the right there was a very audible (inside AND out) ... sound, that sounds like i don't know how to describe it other than stressed metal. Like if you wind a spring too tight. WHICH HAS ME WORRIED AS SHIT. THe thing is...I don't know if I knocked something loose or tightened too tight/not tight enough when I pulled the pin and installed the Turner shim washers.

- I had the car on a lift, so there was no 'preload' on the strut at all when I tightened the 3 strut tower bolts.
- I torqued those to 35nm
- installed the Turner bolts and washers (1 inside/2 outside, each strut)
- I didn't have the torque values for these bolts, so I tightened them til they weren't easy to tighten anymore, then a 1/4 turn more is the best way i can describe it.

Anyone have proper torque values for these? (both the 3 tower bolts and the 2 camber bolts, as well as the "fit bolt" as it's referred to on realoem) Did I do something out of order and cause undue stress somewhere? I'll see I can get a short video of what I'm talking about. I'll be getting under the car again this weekend to hopefully find where/what is getting stressed and relieve it! Any other tips and tricks are always appreciated.

in case you didn't know what bolts i was talking about