View Single Post
      10-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #26
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Awesome! No, I kept the original pulley because 928 Motorsports called me and told me they were concerned I would overspeed the blower. The biggest size they made was several sizes smaller. I didn't have the crank pulley diameter handy and was in the middle of something at work, so I held off. The car had been running very well prior to the rebuild, and I didn't want to have to start tinkering again.
Josh, according to the calculator on the Vortech website we can spin the V3si to 52k rpm
With a stock crank pulley of 5.185 a shift point of 7500 rpm(we know an M54 won't do that) and a blower pulley of even 3.125 the impeller speed is only just over 44k rpm.
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=33511

BTW I went ahead and picked up a 3.33, 3.25 and a 3.125 pulley from a local tuner to try out.
I can confirm that the VF supplied pulleys are identical in bore, key way and depth of snout on both sides of the pulley to the Vortech pulleys.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0