08-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155MPH View Post
Well, I haven't made much progress on this as I have been busy at work and the car has been sitting in the garage. Considering I have only driven it 4K miles in the past 3 years, it may be a while before I figure this out! It sounds like I have a unique problem and unfortunately won't be able to benefit from the collective experience of the forum members. I'll provide and update when (if) I figure it out. Maybe it is just a ghost!
Hang on a sec. You have multiple people in this thread that have all had a similar issue that would have been resolved by disconnecting the switches and that's what we all recommend you do.

I believe you are discounting this advice because "the dealer checked your switches".

I would disconnect them. You said the dealer wasn't able to replicate the issue and just looked over the switches and found no problems. If you can replicate the issue consistently, disconnect the switches and see if the problem ever happens again.

Most people in this thread are betting it won't.

If you fully disconnect the switches and the car STILL tries to call BMW Assist, THEN we have something to talk about and we can move from forward from there.

If you don't want to do it yourself, go back to the dealer and tell them you're still having the issue from last time and you'd just like the switches completely disconnected. Hopefully you can get them to do it for free since your issue wasn't resolved.

Get those switches disconnected. Good luck!

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0