View Single Post
      05-09-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

This morning put 12v on the motor and dead. Nothing. No smoke, no noise....... nothing.

I assume that may be the cause of the flashing red light in the dash?? Or only the sensors causing that ?

Weird thing is it looks brand new. Well, not that ever means anything in my world...... but the unit looks like it was just pulled of a parts shelf and installed. Absolutely mint cosmetically. Same with the crush washers. But the hydraulic connections to the pump are slightly corroded.

I'm thinking that this unit has been changed. The fluid level was even correct for the hydraulics according the picture above (thanks for that BTW). Maybe it just died a premature death due to faulty internals ?!?!

Hope this is the case. Should not be hard to replace.

On another note, pulled apart all the wiring loom to check what I could. BMW has done a decent job of protecting the wiring loom inside the top up to the point where it meets the drivers side 2 fastening bolts. That's the one place I'd say if anything has gone bad....... it's between there and the module/plugs. Just my thoughts from what I see....... no expertise involved in that evaluation.

Last edited by tominizer; 05-09-2022 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0