View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Sorry Maestro, but your example/argument does not stand up or is flawed at best...

Quote:
If J.J. Abrams is worry about the big screen, he is behind the times, Yes some movies really need the big screen to impress people, but going to monies continues to decline, most people want to watch in their own homes. Millennial are the worse 40%+ claim to not have close friend to enjoy doing things with do you think these people are heading to movies by themselves.
Endgame was released in April 2019 and went on to break numerous box office records in various markets. Worldwide, it set the record for highest-grossing film of all time, the highest opening weekend gross, and the fastest cumulative grosses through $2.5 billion!

It achieved that ginormous profit in less than 6 months time! There are VERY few things/services/products in this world that generate that kind of profit that quickly. So to say that JJ made his decision to remain on the big screen to "impress people" is false. It just so happens that he in particular is known for making "Blockbuster Type" films that people actually will/want to go see. Including myself. Which is rare considering my Home Theater. There are very few films that I have or will bother to go see at the Theater. Movies from this guy, I will.