View Single Post
      06-09-2023, 08:01 AM   #3
dre99gsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra

It's a dilemma since:

a) I'm trying to near lap times of actual spec race cars, and am close, but haven't had these wheels slip out from under me yet (remember I had massive mid-corner oversteer? Apparently replacing 24 HC old rear RRs fixed that issue). So, I'm not sure I'm even at the limit of these tires.
b) Are Hoosiers/true slicks really going to give me more grip over Toyo RRs? I don't know the answer and from searching, no one really seems to know for sure. Perhaps I can get 1 sec on a 1:30 lap time, no idea
c) Back to (a), going wider may give me more margin of error, but I just don't know.

I've decided to bite the bullet and try. I got new tires on order and am going to do a back to back on my local track. My main issue is corner-exit confidence. I am really waiting until almost perfectly straight before going full throttle. I'm hoping wider rears give me some more room.

SIDE NOTE: The cool thing about this modification is for those of you who want more room in the rear for wider wheels, you may be able to loosen the rear fenders and just shift them out about 3-5mm more without much of any other customization.