View Single Post
      05-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #29
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfwalters View Post
If what I've read - that Megan Racing bought one of the Chinese manufacturers that was selling headers on eBay (Merz-somethingoranother?) - is true, then these are the headers that I have installed in my Z4MC. They definitely look like the same design and manufacturing quality (about which I was pleasantly surprised) as mine.

I *am* chasing an exhaust header leak right now, which may or may not be my own damn fault, but at least visually these headers lined up and bolted down easily / flatly enough. The gaskets that they came with were garbage so I just threw them out, FWIW.
I've read on m3forum that they have taken the exact same headers as active autowerke and just tweaked them slightly. Pretty sure they sourced them from the same factory too. The thread on m3forum for these headers are 110+ pages long and I read every single post about it, back in early 2018 there was a cylinder 6 header issue with the bolts lining up which was fixed last summer of 2018. Tons of people have been using these with no issues. The EGT on these are located in a different spot and the bungs are positioned correctly
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0