View Single Post
      05-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #48
ChicagoHokie
Rep
Drives: every day ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
Hey Noel! I didn't know you were on this forum. I really miss the car. Out of all the cars I've ever owned, a 95 M3, 02 M3 SMG, Merc-Benz C32 AMG, the M Coupe was far and away my favorite - next to the 95 M3 (OBD I!).

I really wish I could have kept it but it felt like sacrilege every time I drove it in traffic on the terrible roads of 66 and 495 to and from work. I felt like I was destroying a perfectly good and rare M Coupe. For that reason it sat in the garage while the old 530 became the daily driver... but that felt even worse. At this point in my life, I need a car that can sit comfortably in traffic on my day to day commute and still be able to go to the track, autocross, and my Skyline Runs - A car that I can enjoy all the time, no mater the situation, that's the M3. If my job was still a few miles down the road (instead of the now 40 miles into DC) I would have kept it for sure.

I'm really glad the car went to a fellow enthusiast! Here's some of my suggestions; The GruppeM is unreasonably expensive so unless you happen to come buy a used one which is very rare, mine sold in less than 30 minutes at 1am on like a Tuesday, I'd just get a used or new AFe. The RPi scoop is a must if you get an Intake and you're ever planning on driving over 80MPH, such as at the track. It makes a very noticeable difference for accelerations between 80-100MPH and even more so for 100-120MPH. Beyond that, you already have all the other must-have mods I'm surprised no one has noticed the front reflector delete. As far as I know, there's only two cars in North America with that mod

You have to make another post after your first BMW CCA event! A driving school in this car is a must!
Thanks again.
2005 Mazda 3 Hatch (wife's car)
Appreciate 0