Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I do have to admit lewis was pretty lucky with that red flag, but it shows how talented he was to be able to work his way back up the field to P2, especially knowing how edgy the w12 is and how the mercs suffer when following other cars.

In terms of the constructors championship I think it's gonna be really really close, red bull is so fast this year and they have 2 insanely capable drivers now. I think even if lewis get p1 the 2 red bulls will get p2 and p3, and even saying that p1 will be a tight battle.

Let's see if mercedes can upgrade the w12 so it's even faster, or will red bull introduce a new upgrade package that will finally out them distinctivly ahead of mercedes? Either way it's gonna be a great battle.
Great post!

I think people need to understand that in 2017 and 2018 not-then Sir Lewis was trailing in the championship, for the most part, until either just before the break or just after the break. In each case, especially 2017 with, "The Diva", Lewis had to overcome a faster car and hardened driver in VET. In 2017 he was racing for his 4th title which was not certain and had to work in a new formula, overcome his 2016 defeat, defeat a new team mate who was pipped to be a future WDC based on his performance at Williams, and beat VET. Both 2017 and 2018 were masterful seasons which saw him draw abreast of and, eventually, pass VET with 5 WDC wins.

The rest is history.

Most people just look at the end results in the WDC to determine how past seasons unfold when the proper way is to look at it race-by-race. Max doesn't have the seat time at the sharp end of a championship battle to really contend with Sir Lewis who has been in 12 championship battles and won 7. He's the only driver who has driven against 3 WDCs in the same chassis over 7 seasons and won 5 times. It's really incredible.

All of this is the say the following: Max will have his hands full with Lewis over a 23 race season. Max has the faster car and still isn't leading the championship but it is early, yet.

This promises to be a pretty amazing season.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
F87source7233.50
yco5724.50
Bongoxxx804.00