02-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
mbfesta2009
Jersey Roadsters Founder
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

Jersey Roadster: 1st Annual Dyno Day!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of your voting! The Jersey Roadsters will be hosting a dyno day at Crazy Horse Racing (no affiliation with the shop) on May 2, 2009. I hope everyone that voting comes out to join us read further for details.

1st Annual Jersey Roadster Dyno Day

Please select one of the options above to pre-register for the event (needed for headcount to reserve dyno).

Date: May 2, 2009
Time: Starts at 9:00 AM / Ends at 5:00 PM
100 Main Street, South Amboy, NJ 08879, Telephone: 732-553-9050
Directions: Google Directions
Weather: Nrml Avg: 58°F / High: 67°F / Low: 49°F

Primary Cars Invited:
  • BMW Z4
  • Cadillac XLR
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Chrysler CrossFire
  • Honda S2000
  • Lotus Elise
  • Mazda Miata
  • Mercedes SLK
  • Nissan 350Z/300ZX
  • Pontiac Solstice
  • Porsche Boxster/911
  • Saturn Sky
  • All others are welcome to come as well (even non roadsters).

(Moderators the price is informational only. I do not have association with the garage, I do not collect the money nor do I make money off of this event. It is entirely for the purpose of offering a great deal to a group of members that may either want a dyno run and/or be interested in calling themselves “Jersey Roadsters”. If there are issues with this post please private message me and I will make appropriate corrections.)
Cost for RWD/FWD Vehicles: $50 for 3 pulls + (Optional) $25 for air fuel ratio
Cost for AWD Vehicles: $100 for 3 pulls includes air fuel ration.
To support AWD we need about 50 cars to pre-register. This is because a second dyno will be transported to the location which supports AWD setup. This will also allow two cars to be tested at the same time

For your assistance here are some photos to the location of the event:
From the sky:

From the road:

Other Items
Things I would like to do to help out with this event and make it more enjoyable:
  1. Create flyers to invite people we meet on the street. Any artistic members that would be interested in working with me to create a flyer?
  2. Create a video of the invent for us all to enjoy. Any videographers, even photographers, that wouldn’t mind helping out and sending me their shots after the event? How about any video editors that would like to assist splicing film together? Audiophiles that would like to supply soundtracks?
  3. Feed everyone. Food is not included, however if I can get an idea of who would still be around during noon time I can figure out a way to get food there and maybe everyone can help chip in to pay for it. Maybe I can ask the dyno shop if he would help too since I’m sure they also would like to eat and I know we will give him a bunch of business.
  4. There will be a sign in sheet which offers a first come first serve shot at the dyno. So I recommend coming early to sign up. The priority will be roadsters (which we will classify as any 2 seater car for arguments sake [the convertible requirement will be left out for this event]) then any other car that shows up can go on. I just want to get as many prospective members to go first.
  5. I also would like to keep a list of owners, cars, hp, tq and make a chart to show top to bottom. I will split it by platform, power train and all together. So I ask please after your run to share the information with me.

A combined tally will be updated once a week on Friday's leading up to the event.

If you have any comments or questions in relation to this event feel free to post them here and I will try to answer your questions best I can.

I look forward to seeing everyone there and as we get closer to the event I would like to setup a cruise to the shop, and I will give you a phone number to contact me at.

Thanks again and you will hear from me every week on Fridays!
2005 BMW K 1200 S
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Appreciate 0