View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 07:52 PM   #216
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

I'm realizing that the VE tables the Infinity ships with are (1) for turbo applications; and (2) "safe" almost to the point of absurdity. I've taken 25% or more out of the VE across the board and for the first time today while revving the car saw 13:1 AFR. Soooo... yeah. Getting there.

Also realized that I had misconfigured the tach output so I did the cam break-in at ~3k RPM instead of ~2k2 RPM (was 2-pulse / rev and tach was expecting 3-pulse / rev so reading 1/3rd low). Whoops. It seems happy enough though.

I added a switch for the IAC / VANOS controller so I can turn it off until right before starting the car, haven't wired up the VANOS control yet but I did put the pins on the wires so I think I'm going to do that on the dyno at this point. Car's ready for a dyno break-in and I need somebody with more experience tuning the Infinity + S54 to avoid doing something dumb. I will be calling my tuner tomorrow.

Tonight I'm probably going to hang the rest of the exhaust in prep for dyno tune; I wanted to do the new fuel system first but at this point I'm dying to find out if this engine is as mean as it sounds. If I run out of fuel on the dyno, so be it.

I may even bleed the clutch and brakes and throw the wheels on.

I will not back it out of the garage and rip around the block. I will not back it out of the garage and rip around the block. I will not back it out of the garage and rip around the block. I will not...
Appreciate 2