Thread: Night Photo
View Single Post
      06-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Nice job! Light painting has gained momentum these past few years, great to see more people picking it up. I'm not really a photographer (though sometimes I like to play with cameras), so take the feedback with a grain of salt

-Is this done via a single pass? Try making multiple passes at different angles and layering these passes in photoshop to help accentuate different areas on the car. Might take some experimenting but you can really make different aspects pop.

-Watch out for ghosting (don't know if that's the term?) of the camera picking up your movement across the front of the car. In this shot, you can see some darker blotches on the ground near the front of the car - you should be able to pshop these out no problem but do look out for it.

-Lastly, I'd say double check your composition - you've got what looks like a pretty cool background but the car seems to be blocking it (maybe that's a limitation of the location though). Also, the car looks like it's pointing up hill a bit here, a bit of tilt to the right would help level things out (again, could be done in post or original framing).

Now, let's see some more pics!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0