07-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #1188
carelessmoker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Garage List
2007 MR  [0.00]
Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I’ve been lurking behind the scene now for quite some time, trying to learn about our cars with the hope of someday being able to contribute something worthwhile to this amazing forum. Sorry to say this post won’t be it.

I did want to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge, entertaining stories and down right fun threads that have kept me occupied for hours. I’m a wannabe car guy with no real mechanical abilities but that doesn’t keep me from trying. I do however do a hell of a job detailing if that counts for anything

I live up by the Carlisle Fairgrounds and went to a Corvette show about 9 years back. On a whim I bought a small block 74 Corvette for way too much money. I wanted something to take the place of an old 91 Wrangler my wife and I drove around on the weekends. I really wanted a Z car…didn’t care or even know the difference between a Z3 and Z4 but my wife said they were too small and would not be safe. She saw the Corvette said it’s at least a little bigger so without thinking twice I handed over damn near asking price (before she changed her mind) and away we went in our big, safe, fiberglass (didn’t tell her that) beauty. I still have that car and it runs good and sounds great. Lucky for me it is a fine car and never really needed much other than a tune-up and inspection now and then.

We love the Corvette but I was able to convince the wife it’s not the car to take to the beach for a long weekend given the 8 or 10 miles it gets to the gallon. I finally got her to buy into the idea to look for something a little newer. To spare everyone all the boring details we started with an 04 3 series convert and I finagled my way through to the 07 M Roadster. Having a blast thanks to all of you and this fine forum.

Best everyone!

Oh.. I did put on a pair of RE Diablo cans I bought from another forum member last Saturday almost by myself. Watch out Villa… it won’t be long till I’m hanging with the big guys.
Appreciate 0