tomjonesBT33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
Funny I just come across this. I got my spyder headlights years ago now from roadster solution. The ONLY issue I have is the passenger turn throws a code as if the bulb's bad so right side gets rapid flashing when using the turn signal. Clear the code and first time you use the right turn it'll come back. ALL lights work so I've just lived with the code and rapid flash. I've swapped driver side bulb with passenger and there's been no change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukywells View Post
Did you ever find a solution for this? My high beams stay on all the time, but temporarily disconnected them so I could drive it. Spyder is trying to locate a solution. I had to purchase another complete headlight set (which did the exact same thing) and they tried to forward more relay's, which they sent the wrong ones
I recently bought a Z4MR that has SONAR lights which are the original manufacturer of the Spyder lights. Had the same issue that high beams were always on. I fixed mine a couple of weeks ago by rewiring the lights similar to the post by Nate above (though I had not seen his post until today).

The relay is not wired properly for our cars. If you use a multimeter you can map out the function for each of the connectors on the OEM side of the 8-pin block connector and which colors these correspond to on the aftermarket side. You'll see that the 12V lead for high beams is red on the Spyder side. Then look at the port the red is connected to in the relay. It's never triggered by the control signal. The low beams are…

I ended rewiring such that my low beams are always on (if the lights are on) and the high beams come on with the stalk pushed forward as you'd expect. So my high beam setting has all 4 headlights lit up. If you want the high to only have the two inner lights on and the outer lights off, you would need to add an additional relay in the mix.

I'll try to get a picture of how I rewired things sometime soon.
2017 X1 xDrive28i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0