Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
Finn-

Looks great. I'm assuming you had them painted without worrying about fading of matching them to the rest of the paint - yes?

I bought a set from Tischer, got them all wet sanded to smooth, get rid of the orange peel in the primer, but I haven't committed to getting them painted yet. With the silver grey, I'm worried about matching them - seems like odds are it's not going to go well. Looking for advice here.
A good shop should be able to match them I'd think.

I bought mine from a forum member who was parting out his car. He had them about a year I think, and had them painted by his local BMW dealer/shop before putting them on the car. I'd expect our cars have different exposure to sunlight/UV rates, and yet I really can't see any difference in the color or quality compared to the stock pieces or the doors or other body panels.

Ship just had his door, fender, bumper, and quarter panel painted and it looks like a perfect match (and he sent those off to be painted as pieces, not on the car).

IDK, maybe there's nothing to worry about here; then again mine is black (Sapphire Black Metallic) and Ship's is white. Anyone else a "paint guy" here who can offer some advice?
Appreciate 0