07-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #59
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
Since this thread is already OT....

Hack, I was listening to a radio show and they were discussing how the younger generation has no problem talking about their finances, etc whereas the older gen views it as a fauxpas. Im not saying your statement is inaccurate- just some food for thought.

Younger generation? Man...Now you're making me feel old.

All I know is, I've grown up (or maybe old by your definition) surrounded by very rich people. The ones that has REAL MONEY, you would NEVER guess that they're THAT rich. Only those who doesn't really have real money feel the need to let other people know how successful they are. If that makes me old fashioned, them perhaps there's a lot of things we can learn from the older generation.

Of course, we're all generalizing here. I've got friends that are at the top of their respective industries that NEVER shows off what they make, and I've known people who struggles to scratch out a living in a rent controlled apartment driving around in a flashy $120,000 car. I'm not sure the understanding of "money" and what it means is all that different from one generation to another...There are poseurs out there no matter what age you are.

Man, 5 years removed from my 20s and I'm an old curmudgeon...Boy they are right, it's all down hill from here.

Oh well, I guess I can always look forward to going home to my lovely wife and my cute 2 month old girl.
Appreciate 0