View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 10:10 PM   #1
AmmarYasirA
Ammar
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot

Battery Dead with Battery Tender??

Ok so a little background, car has been on a battery tender since July. Haven't had much time to start it/take it out as I haven't been home much and just been generally pretty busy.

But a few weeks back I noticed the battery tender was blinking red (battery not charging).

Its happened in the past and thought it was just a fluke (thought I might not have connected it properly) but it was still under warranty so I had it replaced when it happened the first time. (I forgot where i got it from exactly but it was a recommended battery on the sticky).

This time it was late at night and the store was closed so i figured i would jump it and see what was up.

Car started up fine with a jump, no funny business but traction control light was on. Didn't think much of it. Waited about 20 or so minutes before I took it out and it was feeling nice so I put the top down, rolled the windows down annnnndddd poof. car is dead. tried to start it up again, no lights come on. Its as if the battery is completely dead.

Tried jumping it again, waited a few minutes for it to let it charge up and still nothing. Cabin lights and radio come on but car doesn't start.

Someone help me out. wtf is going on. I need to get it serviced soon anyways but Id rather not need to tow it there. Then again I don't want to be at a light, roll down my windows and my car die.