View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #82
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Look, the ONLY way to drive up the prices on these cars is by selling them at the prices you want. I just helped a friend buy an '06 MZ4 Coupe for $36,000. Granted it only had 4,000 miles on it, but never the less, the market is what it will bear. If people won't pony up, even at $29,000 which is a STEAL, going LOWER is only going to hurt your case, especially if you're not in financial dire straights that require moving the vehicle fast for cash flow purposes.

Actually, if I were to list my car, an Interlagos/Dark Sepang '06 with 37,000 miles on it, which ain't going to happen, I'd list it for $34,000 and stand firm. It probably won't sell in 3 months. Heck I'd be surprised if it sold in 6. But I'd wait for that right buyer who will pay rather than letting it go to the lowest bidder.

With only 1,7XX or so still on the road in NA, I'm willing to bet there are those that will pay the premium just to have it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0