10-26-2017, 03:06 AM   #5
Over it
Mad Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
Definitely interested in what their current thinking is. One of the reasons I was looking at the DA dampers (in addition to the separately adjustable compression and rebound) was they have the rebound adjuster at the base of the shock, and the compression adjuster on the top of the body. This gives access to both adjustments without having to take the rear shocks off the car. The standard Koni Sport for the rear have to be fully compressed to engage the internal adjuster so the bump stop and dust sleeve has to come off and the quiescent pressure from the gas charge is about 50 lbs so even with the bump stop and sleeve removed, I've never been able to compress the shock and keep it compressed to make the adjustment.
So far I have talked to TC Kline and to GC.

TC Kline is suggesting their tried and true 400lb/400lb DA set-up. Who is running or ran these?
Since I am running B Street, I would have to fabricate my own lower spring lands to run stock springs. I would use all the bits from the kit other than Camber plates, upper spring lands, and springs. I would set those aside for now.

GC has not sent me my quote yet, I will update the thread as I go.

Is there a comparison spreadsheet for the various coilovers offered for the E85 and E86?

I'd like to hear peoples experience with TC Kline DA as a dual purpose set up.
Can you really hear the noise over the exhaust?

Thanks,

Last edited by Over it; 11-23-2017 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0