View Single Post
      07-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Did I get the wrong FCAB Shipped to me???

So I got my FCAB pulled out today and ran to work to borrow our arbor press (good call, would have never gotten them out with the vice...) and then I popped in the Powerflex ones I bought and they popped right in by hand. I really expected them to have to be pressed in.

Then I played with them and they had a little giggle to them and the more I looked the more I was convinced they were not right. Even with the middle in them, you can wiggle them around easily. They wont fall out, but you can spin them with no resistance.

That can not be right - correct?

I then logged into my ECS account online (they are closed for the weekend already) and see that I ordered a "PFF5-4601X2" and this box is marked "Pff5-4601M3" - so if I am not just being stupid - they sent me the wrong thing - right?

Man - now my car is in the air in the middle of my shop with everything tore off of it and I wont be able to get new ones till probably later next week.

I was really hoping I was just being stupid, but the more I look the more I think I got the wrong things and I am done till I get the right ones.

Edit - As I was packaging them back up, I think I found the issue. I think ECS labeled them wrong when they received them in. The red arrow points to their label which has the part number I ordered on it, but the green arrow points to the Powerflex label that has the wrong one.

Man - that just shot my whole weekend...........and now my garage is all blocked off too.

Last edited by unluky; 07-12-2014 at 09:20 PM..
Appreciate 0