Thread: Repair Manual?
View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'm a little late responding, but I'd like to add.

So the 3.0si coupe is the same E86 I have. It has the N52 engine, and the chassis mechanicals is basically BMW E46. Also having both an '06 E90 with the N52 and an '05 E46 330iCic in my fleet between those two cars service manuals, I pretty much have my Coupe covered regarding service documentation.

For some reason Haynes has yet to publish a service manual for the E85/86. Maybe there is just not enough of them with owners who turn their own wrenches to justify the publishing of a dedicated service manual.

But my experience for the past 35 years of BMW ownership and wrenching on them just as long, most of the 3-series chassis hard parts are derivations from each other. The E86 underside is pretty much identical to the E46. Both share the same brakes and suspension components. The interior is of course different, but that is the least part one works on. The N52 is the same engine as the E90's.

Other than that, ISTA is your best bet.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0