View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMKOOP View Post
I think its been very well documented for owners running the Apex 18x9.5 ET35 in the front requiring 5 mm spacers (w/ neg. camber) to clear coilovers such as KW & Bilstein..

As for the supposed release of 19" SM-10 & FL-5 I imagine they will also come in the 19x9.5 ET33 configuration as the rest of the Apex wheel line?

When ran with KW/Bilstein coilovers (245/35/19?), will the additional height away from the lower spring perch + 2 mm extra clearance (ET33 vs ET35) be adequate to negate the use of a 5 mm spacer? Is that why the ET33 was designated for the 19x9.5 setups?

Looking forward to your response as it will be helpful to many prospective owners, thanks!
Thank you for the question! As you mentioned, the 19x9.5" ET33 will provide 2mm more clearance than the ET35 commonly found on our 18" wheels. We have not determined just yet whether our new 19's will be ET33 or ET35 just yet. With that said, a small spacer may still be necessary to clear KW and Bilstein depending on ride height and tire brand/compound. Since both KW and Bistein suspensions are a bit chunky, they will come very close without a spacer. Therefore, I would still recommend a 3mm or 5mm spacer to clear.

-Matt