RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRedman45 View Post
I got everything to install the airbox before my buddy had a dyno opening so I went ahead got started installing the box.

I have run into two minor issues.

The stock crankcase vent hose doesn't reach so I'll be extending it with rubber hose which is my only hold up currently. The other option is buying a csl crankcase vent tube and removing the crankcase side connector to splice in the stock connector. This is normal but turner doesn't list anything as part of their kit so I assumed that the factory hose would work.

My other issue was the oil drain bung on the airbox had apparently come off in transport. I used a bit of jb weld to secure it.

Otherwise the install has been smooth sailing and fitment is spot on.

I'll get a few more pictures when I get finished up

Any updates on that issue? Any air leaks? Has it held on since you used the JB weld? I'm barely getting around to install my airbox and I broke the similar bung (bigger in size) underneath the airbox. It's the bung located near the power steering reservoir where the hose connects. The hose barely reaches the bung to be able to connect properly, but after a few seconds, the pressure broke the bung, or I should say the adhesive came off. Any ideas if I should JB weld this as well or any other solution to this issue is greatly appreciated. TIA!
2013 BMW S1000RR K46 R.I.P.
1998 BMW Z3 Roadster 1.9L E36 SOLD
Appreciate 0