08-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #1048
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
You know what you're doing...you have put up impressive numbers. Sometimes some muscles just don't cooperate. Then you go on that endless journey of low weight high reps, high weight low reps, train every 3,4,5 days.....just trying to figure out what works for you.

But sometimes it's genetics. You're a tall person, so it will take quite a bit to show up. But I bet your making progress.

I have certain points that bite me in the ass when it comes to genetics. I feel like my bicep peaks aren't as good as they could be, my lats could insert lower into my waist line, I'm a "thick" guy....so not aesthetically pleasing to look at....and the list goes on.

But I workout with a guy that is about 1" taller than me, weighs about 230lbs, and has a 29" waist at its largest. Plus he can eat what and when he wants, and it doesn't matter. Genetics trump everything, but it doesn't mean you can't maximize your own and look completely different!
Yeah trying to transition again back to heavier weight lower reps but it's slow, got used to the higher rep pump chasing.
Appreciate 0