View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #65
JeremyCronin
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 '18 Stelvio '07 Mazda6

Hmmm... with more research I found the following text:
"Banjo bolts have a hole on one side of the bolt that MUST align with the hydraulic hoses at the finish of tightening the bolt. Draw or score a small mark on the head of each banjo bolt to provide a visual reference of the proper alignment of the banjo bolt’s fluid hole with the hydraulic lines."

I wish that one of the guides I had read/viewed earlier had bothered to mention this...
So I'm anyway going to have to open the banjos to get them aligned correctly, but I don't know if I should switch ports or not...

Also, what do I do if the bolt tightens to a specific angle which results in the hoses pointing the wrong way? In the new position in the trunk there is not enough hose if it ends up pointing downwards...

About the crush washers, I found a hydraulic top repair kit for $88 that includes them, but haven't been able to find them alone...
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/614...t-54347114081/

General rant: None of the motor replacement videos/guides I followed had any guidelines or advice about the sequence, difficulties and specific issues to be faced when putting it all together again...
Appreciate 0